All orders include automatic registration and lifetime Level 1 support and include one incident of Level 2 support for a period of 60 days. Level 2 support and upgrades may be provided beyond 60 days if the Level 2 Support and Upgrade Subscription is purchased when making the order.
This component adds barcode streaming generation capability to Microsoft IIS, web applications and other applications that can display a dynamic URL, including reporting software such as Microsoft SharePoint, Crystal Reports and FileMaker.
- Add barcode streaming generation capability to Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS).
- Stream barcodes into webpages and applications that can display a dynamic URL such as ASP.NET, PHP, SharePoint, Crystal Reports, FileMaker and more.
- Barcode generation is server-side, fast and efficient without any temp files generated on the server.
- Image specified as URL allows use from many operating systems and development environments including mobile apps.
- Easily install by copying 3 files to the virtual directory or IIS application where barcodes are needed.
- This is a perpetually licensed version of the Dynamic Barcode Generator Service, except it is installed and managed by the licensee.
- Barcode Streaming functionality provided is also available as an annual subscription with the IDAutomation SaaS Barcode Generator service.
- QR Code version 2020 and greater in this product supports the Swiss QR-Bill and Image Overlay as Center Override and GS1 QR Code.
- There are three (3) versions to choose from:
- The Linear version supports popular linear barcode types including Code 128, GS1-128, Interleaved 2 of 5, Code 39, Telepen, USPS Intelligent Mail, Postnet, UPC, and EAN.
- The Linear + 2D version supports linear barcodes, such as Code 128, GS1-128, Interleaved 2 of 5, Code 39, Telepen, USPS Intelligent Mail, Postnet, UPC and EAN, plus Aztec, DataMatrix, PDF417 QR-Code and Maxicode.
- The GS1 DataBar version supports DataBar Omni-directional, DataBar Truncated,
Stacked, Stacked Omni-directional, Limited, Expanded, Expanded Stacked,
Composite, PDF417, MicroPDF417, UPC/EAN, GS1-128 and Code 128.
- Refer to Section 1 of the License Agreement to determine the correct license needed.
- All orders include automatic registration and lifetime Level 1 support and include one incident of Level 2 support for a period of 60 days. Level 2 support and upgrades may be provided beyond 60 days if the Level 2 Support and Upgrade Subscription is purchased when making the order.
- Refer to the Streaming Barcode Server for IIS User Manual for tutorials and implementation suggestions.
- Purchase risk-free; this product is provided with a 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee.
- An evaluation version is also available by download for testing purposes. The evaluation version must be removed before installing the purchased version.
- Receive a 30% discount on Developer Licenses when you submit a Small Company Agreement. To qualify, your organization must have a gross annual revenue or funding of less than $2 Million USD.
This server-side component adds barcode streaming generation capability to Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) to ASP, ASP.NET web pages and other applications plus development environments that can display a dynamic URL.
Once installed, server-side barcode images are generated on the server in memory and streamed to the client without saving any temp files on the server. This implementation is compatible with all web browsers and is easy to embed in HTML or ASP scripts as an image with the <IMG> tag. Because the barcode image is retrieved from a URL, the ASP Barcode Component for IIS is compatible with many other development environments and operating systems. The following source code example demonstrates a simple method used to create dynamic barcodes within an HTML script:
<P>This web page uses ASP code to create a secure barcode.</P>
<% @ LANGUAGE = VBScript %>
<% BarcodeData = "123456789012" %>
<P><img src="<%="IDAutomationStreamingLinear.aspx?Barcode=" & BarcodeData %>"</P>
|Compatibility and Requirements|
|Application Compatibility||All applications and web browsers that can retrieve a URL to display an image.|
|Server OS||Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and greater. This product has been tested on both 32 and 64-bit versions of the following: Windows Server 2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2016, Windows XP, 7 and 10.|
|.NET Framework||.NET Framework 2.0 or greater including 2.0.50272 and 4.0.30319.|
|IIS Compatibility||IIS 5.0 and above including 6.0, 7, 7.5 and 8.0.|
|Minimum System Requirements||1 GHZ Processor, 1GB RAM, 5 MB Available hard drive space.|
|Intended Implementer||Web designers and developers.|
|Linear Symbology Compatibility||Code 39, Extended Code 39, Code 128 (with character sets A, B and C), GS1-128 (aka: UCC/EAN-128), USS-128, Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar, NW7, UPC-A, UPC-E, MSI, EAN-8, EAN-13, Code 11, Code 93, Industrial 2 of 5, ITF, USPS Intelligent Mail IMb, Planet and Postnet.|
|GS1 DataBar Compatibility||ITS (International Technical Standard) GS1 DataBar Specification. GS1 DataBar, Stacked, Truncated, Stacked Omni-directional, Limited, Expanded, Expanded Stacked Omni-directional, Composite Components, PDF417, MicroPDF417, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-13, EAN-8, GS1-128 and Code 128.|
|Aztec Compatibility||Aztec matrix generation with automatic mode selection and GS1 compatibility. AIM Specification ANSI/AIM BC13 ISS Aztec Code.|
|Data Matrix Compatibility||Data Matrix with ECC200 error correction including GS1-DataMatrix. Encoding modes of Text, ASCII, C40 and Base256 (byte) encoding are supported. AIM Specification ISS Data Matrix.|
|MaxiCode Compatibility||MaxiCode with support for modes 2-6. AIM Specification ISS MaxiCode.|
|PDF417 Compatibility||PDF417 with text and base256 (byte) encoding. AIM Specification USS PDF417.|
|QR-Code Compatibility||QR Code 2005 and ISO/IEC 18004:2006 with byte, text and numeric encoding.|
"Your barcode toolkit is more flexible than other toolkits on the market. I am building a new product line into my document imaging product and part of the features includes displaying a barcode on a web form. It took me less than 15 minutes to integrate with my solution."
- Bryant Cobarrubias, DocEdge, Inc., Bensenville, IL
- Easy-to-Install: Copy three (3) files to the virtual directory where barcodes are needed.
- Fast and Efficient: No temp files are created on the server as the IIS barcode image is sent directly to the browser as a base-256 binary stream which results in greater performance. Run-time write access to the server is not required. A performance test shows an average response time of 33 ms for 2000 clients requesting barcodes over 1 minute during business hours.
- Mature: This product has been in use since 2006.
- Compatible With All Browsers: Because the barcode image is generated on the server, it is compatible with all web browsers that can view GIF or JPEG images including early versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla and Netscape.
- Flexible: Properties may be set with parameters in the URL such as the symbology type, orientation, color, barcode height and X dimension.
- Full GS1-128 & GS1-DataMatrix Support: Easy methods are included to encode application identifiers into symbols.
- Tilde Functions: Tilde functionality allows encoding of returns, tabs and other functions such as GS and RS functions between fields in a single barcode symbol.
- Selectable Orientation: Angles of 0, 90, 180 or 270 are supported.
- Royalty-Free: Developer Licenses for this product are perpetual and royalty-free.
- Safe & Secure: This is a 100% managed code product created in Visual C# .NET with strong name signatures and signed DLLs.
- Source Code: Source code to the streaming project DLL is available with the purchase of any Developer License and a signed Source Code Agreement.