- Generate Code 39 barcodes from a font in many applications.
- Over 30 font encoders, macros & plug-ins for easy integration, with examples for FileMaker®, Microsoft® Word, Excel, Access and SAP® Crystal Reports.
- Contains over 60 different Code 39 font versions for optimal compatibility with normal, human-readable, dot matrix, extended and symbol and space saving narrow versions.
- Multiple font types are included in the package, such as Digitally Signed TrueType, OpenType, PostScript and PCL fonts.
- Supports AIM USS Code 39, ANSI, EN800 and other specifications based on Code 39 including LOGMARS, LIC, HIBC and HIBCC UDI.
- Includes a special set of TrueType fonts to encode the space character without a substitution character and Extended Code 39 for encoding lower case letters.
- Compatible with 32 and 64-bit Windows, Mac, Unix, Linux and mobile devices including iOS, Android and .NET Compact Framework.
- New: Version 2020 and greater includes dot matrix printer fonts, narrow 2:1 ratio fonts and the Font Encoder Software App.
- With a purchase of the Developer License or above:
VB.NET, Java, Python, Oracle, TSQL and .NET.
- .NET Standard, Core and Framework compatible source code in C# and VB.NET that may be compiled into an app.
- Web Fonts are included in WOFF, EOT and SVG formats to easily display barcodes in any web browser.
- Two silent installation executables are provided with a source script to create custom installations.
- Custom modifications, distribution rights and other benefits as outlined in the license chart.
- Refer to Section 1 of the License Agreement to determine the correct license needed.
- All orders include automatic registration and lifetime Level 1 support and include one incident of Level 2 support for a period of 60 days. Level 2 support and upgrades may be provided beyond 60 days if the Level 2 Support and Upgrade Subscription is purchased when making the order.
- Refer to the Code 39 Font User Manual for tutorials and implementation suggestions.
- Purchase risk-free; this product is provided with a 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee.
- An evaluation version is also available by download for testing purposes. The evaluation version must be removed before installing the purchased version.
- The applicable Small or Mid-Size Company Agreement must be completed first in order to receive the discount code.
Details for the Code 39 Barcode Font Package
This Code 39 package contains 48 different Code 39 barcode fonts in several formats for optimal compatibility. Purchase of this package also provides the rights to use IDAutomation font encoder tools, macros and source code for integration into many applications. Code 39 is an easy-to-print barcode commonly used for various barcoding labels such as name badges, inventory, and industrial applications. The character set consists of barcode symbols representing uppercase letters, numbers, the space character, and the following symbols: - . $ / + %.
Code 39 is used for several standards including:
- LOGMARS (Logistics Applications of Automated Marking and Reading Symbols) is an application of Code 39 used by the United States Department of Defense that recommends a check character. LOGMARS is defined by Military Standard MIL-STD-1189B and others such as MIL-STD-129, MIL-STD-129N and MIL-STD-2073-1C. The variety of fonts provided with the Code39 font package and IDAutomation's Code39Mod43() function in IDAutomation's font encoder tools allows for the implementation of this standard.
- HIBC (Health Industry Barcode) should use Code 39 to label all health care products. IDAutomation's 3 to 1 bar ratio in the Code 39 fonts and IDAutomation's Code39Mod43() function in the font encoder tools allow for the implementation of this standard also. Please refer to HIBC for details on formatting this barcode.
For more information about Code 39, please visit the Code 39 Barcode FAQ.
Easy To Use:
"We really like your Code 39 fonts. The ratio and spacing of the glyphs allows them to survive multiple generations of degradation (scanning or faxing) and still be recognizable by our commercial forms scanners. It was this degradation problem that started me on the search for a better font which resulted in selecting IDAutomation"
- LeRoy Tavares, American National Insurance Company, Galveston, Texas
Code 39 is the easiest of all alpha-numeric barcodes to use and is designed for character self-checking, eliminating the requirement for check character calculations. Code 39 barcodes may be generated from a
font encoder or a
calculated field to dynamically produce multiple barcode symbols. To manually create a barcode that encodes the
data "BARCODE39", perform the following:
1. Enter * as the start character
2. Enter "BARCODE39" which is the data to be encoded
3. Enter * as the stop character
4. Select only *BARCODE39* and change the font for that text to IDAutomationC39
The parentheses ( ) may also be used instead of "!" (exclamation point) or "*" (asterisk) as the start and stop code to eliminate the "*" (asterisk) from appearing in the human-readable version of the fonts. When using the standard fonts, substitute the "=" (equal) or "_" (underscore) character for the space character. Symbol Encoded Fonts may be used to encode the space character without a substitution character; available in the latest version.
Industry Standard Support:
These Code 39 barcode fonts were developed according to AIM, ANSI and European EN 800 standards.
Encoding Tools Provided:
"The Code 39 Barcode Font provided by IDAutomation enabled us to ship resources quicker, with less errors and less human intervention. The process is largely due to the 'scanable' Packing Slip ID merged to a MS Word document with the Code 39 Font for the ID Bar Code. Other processes we considered required programming solutions prior to printing packing slips in order to achieve the checksum value required. Using the Code 39 Font, no programming was required apart from setting up the MS Word Template with the required MS Excel spreadsheet."
- Al Ebel, IS Manager, Focus on the Family
Calculated Fields may be easily used with code 39 fonts in applications that support this feature. When it is necessary to use the Code39Mod43() function, such as for HIBC, HIBCC UDI, LIC and LOGMARS, IDAutomation provides over 30 Font Encoders to support checksum calculations including:
- Primary User Font Encoders:
- Developer Tools:
Complete Index of Font Encoders
Microsoft Word Compatibility:
A Word mail-merge barcode example is provided in the package.
Space Character Support:
The latest version of this font package offers several options to encode the space character:
Advanced Font Design:
These Code 39 fonts have been specially designed to produce dependable barcodes of all sizes. The IDAutomation Linear USB Scanner easily and dependably scans the Code 39 barcode when printed as small as 6 points.
Low-Resolution Printer Support:
IDAutomation's Code 39 Barcode Fonts are designed to print precisely on 203 DPI thermal printers and 300 DPI printers in addition to higher resolution printers.
Narrow Space Saving Fonts:
Version 2020 and greater includes narrow fonts that use a 2:1 narrow to wide ratio instead of the industry standard 3:1 ratio to save space.
A full set of Extended Code 39 Fonts are included to easily encode lower-case characters in addition to upper-case characters and numbers.
Symbol Encoded Fonts:
Optional symbol encoded fonts are included in the package will usually show the font in its own name, making it easier to select the desired font within Windows applications.
Dot Matrix Printer Fonts:
Version 2020 and greater includes fonts designed and tested for 240 DPI dot matrix printers. These fonts include extra spacing between the bars and may also work on other dot matrix printers.
Web Fonts Provided:
With a purchase of the Developer License or above, Web Fonts are included in WOFF, EOT and SVG formats to easily display barcodes in any web browser.
"For the first time, I was able to download a package that provided me with all the requirements for my project, contained in one package. This font package enables us to efficiently track the high throughput of our vaccine production."
- Burke Squires, Eliance Biotechnology, Dallas, Texas