- Generate barcodes based on Interleaved 2 of 5 (ITF) fonts such as GS1 ITF-14, EAN-14, SSC-14, DUN14, VCA OPC, ITF, I2of5, Identcode, and Leitcode.
- Contains 6 sizes in
- Standard Human Readable
- Bearer Bar
- Bearer Bar Human Readable
- Multiple font types are included in the package, such as Digitally Signed TrueType, OpenType, PostScript and PCL fonts.
- Complies with GS1, ITF, ANSI, AIM USS, and European (CEN) specifications.
- Compatible with 32 and 64-bit Windows, Mac OS, Unix, Linux and mobile devices including iOS and Android.
- Over 30 barcode font encoders, macros and plug-ins are provided to automate the formatting that all I2of5 fonts require.
- Includes examples for Microsoft Excel, Access, Word mail merge and Crystal Reports.
- The stand-alone Font Encoder Software Application is included in version 2016 or greater.
- The following are included with a purchase of the Developer License or above:
- Web Fonts in WOFF, EOT and SVG formats to easily display barcodes in any web browser.
- Silent installation executable with source scripts to create custom installations.
- Source code in C# and VB.NET that may be compiled into an app; .NET Standard, Core and Framework compatible.
- Custom modifications, distribution rights and other benefits as outlined in the license chart.
- Refer to Section 1 of the License Agreement to determine the correct license needed and the chart below to see what is included with each license.
- All orders include automatic registration and lifetime Level 1 support and include one incident of Level 2 support for a period of 60 days. Level 2 support and upgrades may be provided beyond 60 days if the Level 2 Support and Upgrade Subscription is purchased when making the order.
- Visit the IDAutomation Interleaved 2 of 5 Font Package website to obtain more details about this product.
- Refer to the Interleaved 2 of 5 Font User Manual for tutorials and implementation suggestions.
- Purchase risk-free; this product is provided with a 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee.
- An evaluation version is also available by download for testing purposes. The evaluation version must be removed before installing the purchased version.
- The applicable Small or Mid-Size Company Agreement must be completed first in order to receive the discount code.
Details of the Interleaved 2 of 5 | ITF-14 Barcode Font Package
Interleaved 2 of 5, also known as ITF, is a numeric barcode which is used for encoding number pairs in a high-density barcode format. ITF barcodes always contain an even number of digits, because a single ITF barcode character represents two numbers to achieve a higher density than other barcode types.
Interleaved 2 of 5 was designed for character self-checking, which eliminates the requirement for checksum characters; although checksum characters are required by some ITF specifications because they do maximize data integrity. When generating ITF-14, EAN-14, SSC-14, VCA OPC and DUN14 barcodes, a MOD 10 check digit is usually required. The MOD 10 may be calculated using any font encoder, or it may be calculated manually.
The ITF barcode character set consists of barcode symbols representing double-digit characters 00 to 99 in addition to start and stop characters. The complete printed ITF barcode contains a leading quiet zone, a start pattern, Interleaved 2 of 5 barcode representing encoded data, a stop pattern and a trailing quiet zone which should be 10 times the width of the short bar, according to ANSI specifications.
Encoding Tools Provided:
Over 30 Font Encoders are available for easy integration, generation and printing with several applications, including:
- Primary User Font Encoders: (Complete List)
- Developer Tools: (included in Developer License and above)
Multiple Versions Provided:
48 Variants of the ITF barcode fonts are provided to support different height-width requirements and standard, human readable, bearer bar and symbol encoded versions. Although some specifications, such as GS1 ITF-14, state that only horizontal bearer bars along the top and bottom are necessary, the bearer bar versions provided in this package completely surround the barcode, which meet or exceed any bearer bar requirement.
IDAutomation's Interleaved 2 of 5 were developed according to ANSI USS Interleaved 2 of 5 and European (CEN) standards and are UNICODE compliant.
Multiple Language and Locale Support are provided for 1250 European, 1251 Cyrillic, 1253 Greek, 1254 Turkish, 1255 Hebrew and 1256 Arabic code pages in the event the system regional setting is not set to "English" or the 1252 Latin-1 code page. To support other locales and languages, consider the Universal Barcode Font.
Included with the purchase of a Developer License:
- With a purchase of the Developer License or above, Web Fonts are included in WOFF, EOT and SVG formats to easily display barcodes in any web browser.
- Silent installation executable with source scripts to create custom installations.
Interleaved 2 of 5 Font Specifications
Accurate Point Sizes for ITF Fonts
IDAutomation's Interleaved 2 of 5 Barcode Fonts were created to meet ANSI and CEN requirements when printing with a font size of 12 or greater. The N Dimension (narrow to wide ratio) of this font is fixed at 2.75 to 1, and the X dimension (width of the narrow bar) of various point sizes for IDAutomation's ITF barcode font is listed below. These fonts are designed to produce barcodes that consistently scan when printed at all point sizes with a laser printer with 600 DPI or greater resolution. When printing at resolutions of 300 DPI or less, consider the Universal Barcode Font Advantage, which can produce ANSI grade A barcode symbols at low resolutions.
|Point Size||Approximate X Dimension (1 mil = .001")|
|24||.42 mm||16 mil|
|22||.38 mm||15 mil|
|20||.34 mm||13 mil|
|16||.27 mm||11 mil|
|14||.25 mm||10 mil|
|12||.21 mm||8 mil|
|10||.16 mm||6 mil|
|6||.10 mm||4 mil|
Height and Text Interpretation
Twelve versions of the Interleaved 2 of 5 barcode font are provided to support human-readable formats as well as different size requirements. Fonts with an H in the name are human-readable versions and fonts with a B in the name are bearer bar versions. The last characters in the font file name determine the height of the barcode, with the shortest being XS and the tallest being XXL. Because each font may be printed at various point sizes, there are several height/width combinations that may be produced.
|Purchased Font Name||Evaluation Font Name*||Font Height at 12pt*|
|Interleaved 2 of 5 Fonts (non-human readable)|
|IDAutomationI25XS||NA||1/16" (.078") or .2 cm|
|IDAutomationI25S||IDAutomationSI25S||1/8" (.125") or .4 cm|
|IDAutomationI25M||NA||5/16" (.315") or .8 cm|
|IDAutomationI25L||IDAutomationSI25L||1/2" (.5") or 1.2 cm|
|IDAutomationI25XL||NA||11/16" (.689") or 1.8 cm|
|IDAutomationI25XXL||IDAutomationSI25XXL||1 1/4" (1.25") or 3.1 cm|
|Interleaved 2 of 5 Fonts (human readable)|
|IDAutomationHI25XS||NA||1/16" (.078") or .2 cm|
|IDAutomationHI25S||NA||1/8" (.125") or .4 cm|
|IDAutomationHI25M||IDAutomationSHI25M||5/16" (.315") or .8 cm|
|IDAutomationHI25L||NA||1/2" (.5") or 1.2 cm|
|IDAutomationHI25XL||NA||11/16" (.689") or 1.8 cm|
|IDAutomationHI25XXL||NA||1 1/4" (1.25") or 3.1 cm|
|Interleaved 2 of 5 Fonts (bearer bars and non-human readable)|
|IDAutomationBI25XS||NA||1/16" (.078") or .2 cm|
|IDAutomationBI25S||NA||1/8" (.125") or .4 cm|
|IDAutomationBI25M||NA||5/16" (.315") or .8 cm|
|IDAutomationBI25L||IDAutomationSBI25L||1/2" (.5") or 1.2 cm|
|IDAutomationBI25XL||NA||11/16" (.689") or 1.8 cm|
|IDAutomationBI25XXL||NA||1 1/4" (1.25") or 3.1 cm|
|Interleaved 2 of 5 Fonts (bearer bars and human readable)|
|IDAutomationBHI25XS||NA||1/16" (.078") or .2 cm|
|IDAutomationBHI25S||NA||1/8" (.125") or .4 cm|
|IDAutomationBHI25M||IDAutomationSBHI25M||5/16" (.315") or .8 cm|
|IDAutomationBHI25L||NA||1/2" (.5") or 1.2 cm|
|IDAutomationBHI25XL||NA||11/16" (.689") or 1.8 cm|
|IDAutomationBHI25XXL||NA||1 1/4" (1.25") or 3.1 cm|
|* Measurements are approximate when printed
at 12 points. Measurements for human readable fonts do not include the text
below. At 12 points, the X dimension is about 8 mils.
To print at a different height, find the font that has the height closest to
what is needed and use this formula to find the appropriate point size:
Printing Interleaved 2 of 5 Barcode Fonts
All Interleaved 2 of 5 fonts require special formatting so that the data will create a readable ITF barcode when the font is applied to it. Over 30 barcode font encoders, macros and plug-ins are provided to automate this process in a variety of applications, operating systems and development environments.
In older font versions, the last character of the font name determines the height of the barcode, with the shortest being "a" and the tallest being "f".
|Purchased Font Name||Evaluation Font Name||Font Height at 12pt|
|ITF Fonts (non-human readable)|
|AdvI25a||NA||1/16" (.078") or .2 cm|
|AdvI25b||SAdvI25b||1/8" (.125") or .4 cm|
|AdvI25c||NA||5/16" (.315") or .8 cm|
|AdvI25d||SAdvI25d||1/2" (.5") or 1.2 cm|
|AdvI25e||NA||11/16" (.689") or 1.8 cm|
|AdvI25f||SAdvI25f||1 1/4" (1.25") or 3.1 cm|
|ITF Fonts (human readable)|
|I25HRa||NA||1/16" (.078") or .2 cm|
|I25HRb||NA||1/8" (.125") or .4 cm|
|I25HRc||SI25HRc||5/16" (.315") or .8 cm|
|I25HRd||NA||1/2" (.5") or 1.2 cm|
|I25HRe||NA||11/16" (.689") or 1.8 cm|
|I25HRf||NA||1 1/4" (1.25") or 3.1 cm|